Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Idiot Proof Diet

So, knowing I have nothing to lose, I have decided to embark on Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet. I have been on a funny diet ever since my hysterectomy in October 2011. The operation left me with symptoms similar to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and my argument with food started. Couple that with the normal onset of weight going through menopause I have endured almost 18 months of bad food energy and have put on a ton of weight. I have hit emotional bottom though. My self confidence is shot.

From being an enthusiastic and dare I say good cook food and preperation of food has become a kitchen war. Nothing works in my old repertoire. So much on the list that I can't eat. And if I do risk eating any of it I feel ill for days. Even a simple bowl of muesli will have me feeling tired and uncomfortable. Then this weekend I picked up this diet book while volunteering at our local Friends of Modderfontein Library booksale. And realised everything that was excluded on the diet is currently excluded from my diet. So maybe here was a way forward. And it only cost me R10. Not only that but there are recipes. And they look interesting and tasty and may ignite my cooking fire.

So what have I really got to lose? I will weigh in tomorrow. I may not reveal my weight but may edit later when I feel better about being public about it. I am looking forward to the adventure. And who knows. I may just get my waistline back at the end of it.


1 comment: